The CBiB offers a broad range of services:
- analysis and integration of "omics" data,
- development and implementation of specialized analyses,
- access to its information management system,
- implementation of bioinformatics methods and pipelines.
Our expertise is particularly acknowledged in algorithms, data integration, analysis of high-throughput biological data and their visualization. Whether for large-scale projects or for specific analysis, our team has the expertise, the equipment and the ability to study the complexity of biological systems.
The Bordeaux Bioinformatics Center (CBiB) is a bioinformatics core facility that provides access to high-performance computing resources, data analysis and programming expertise. The resources serve scientists and private labs to fulfill the bioinformatics needs of their research in an efficient and cost-effective manner. We offer state-of-the-art technologies for working with clinical, translational, and basic science data – from acquisition and storage to analysis and sharing. Our resources are secure and standards-compliant. From a few samples to several tens of thousands, the Innovation Centre provides complete DNA, RNA, metabolomics and proteomics analysis services.
The following services are offered :
- Standard and custom biological data analyses.
- Deployment of "Big data" approaches for data analysis.
- Development and maintenance of biological databases.
- Access and development to high-performance bioinformatics software infrastructure, in particular for NGS data.
- Custom data analysis and consulting services for bioinformatics and cheminformatics projects.
- Establishment of research collaborations with bioinformaticians and experimental scientists from different departments.
- nstruction of hands-on tutorials and workshops on a wide variety of bioinformatic topics.
The CBiB - Bordeaux Bioinformatics Center has been approved by Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance to the following Quality Management System Standards : ISO 9001:2008.
Associate Members (staff belonging to other labs, but involved in the activities of the CBiB through collaborations and / or participation in scientific and technical activities of the center)
Servers and Storage
- Cluster VMware
- 2 servers DELL PowerEdge R905 (16 cores, 64 Go RAM)
- 1 storage based on ZFS for production, 50 TB (mirrored on remote site)
- 1 NetApp appliance for production, 20 TB
- 1 NetApp appliance for backup (remote site), 20 TB
- 1 computing server DELL PowerEdge R815 (32 cores, 256 Go RAM, 2.5 TB of space disk)
- 1 computing server DELL PowerEdge R820 (32 cores, 512 Go RAM, 5 TB of space disk)
- Galaxy portal, 1 server DELL PowerEdge R910 (32 cores/64 threads, 128 Go RAM, 800 GB of space disk)
- Internet access 1 Gbits/s (shared), University of Bordeaux
- LAN 10 Gbits/s
- SAN FiberChannel 4 Gbits/s
External computing resources
- Mésocentre de Calcul Intensif Aquitain - Avakas cluster - iRODS storage (http://www.mcia.univ-bordeaux.fr/)
- Institut Français de Bioinformatique (IFB) (http://www.france-bioinformatique.fr)
- Grid computing (http://www.france-grilles.fr/)
- GenoToul bioinformatics facility (http://bioinfo.genotoul.fr/)
- Experimental plateform PlaFRIMM (https://plafrim.bordeaux.inria.fr/)
- Cloud infrastructure (https://cloud.france-bioinformatique.fr/accounts/login/?next=/cloud/, etc.)
- IT Room (28m²)
- Hot aisle containment
- Chiller + FreeCooling (~50% of the time)
- Heat exchangers air/water (water at 59°F)
- UPS fault tolerance capacity of 24 KWatt N+1 (maximum capacity of 48 kW N+1)
- Supervision of the IT room (temperature, humidity, water leakage, consumption by outlet, UPS, chiller, LCP)